NEW IN 2016: Challenging Kids To Do Good Deeds For Others!
Our newly revised Bake It Forward program has been designed to allow and encourage more kids, of all ages, to help us make the world a better a place.
- Each Bake It Forward participant completes good deeds on the Bake it Forward Challenge Card (available at Bake Me Home or DOWNLOAD CHALLENGE CARD HERE.).
- These good deeds must add up to 100 points, in any combination (deeds can be repeated)
- Upon completion:
- Contact us at 513-231-4663 or [email protected] to arrange a time to drop off your completed card at our office (1623 Burney Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45230). At this time our Bake It Forward Challenge is limited to Cincinnati area kids, who are able to pick up their cookie mix jars in person. We will make arrangements with teachers and Troop leaders for group drop-off or delivery of jars.
- At Bake Me Home, with your completed card, you will receive 2 jars of Bake Me Home Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (peanut-safe); one to keep and one to give away as a gift
Challenge Card Point System
- 5 point: a simple, helpful offer to another person
- 10 point: a quick manual act of kindness
- 20 point: a more complex act of generosity
If you have any questions, please contact our Bake It Forward Program Director, Sarah Kaplan at [email protected].
Suggestions for donating or volunteering:
References to specific organizations on this website are not an endorsement, recommendation or favoring by Bake Me Home. Bake Me Home makes no representations about these organizations and disclaims responsibility for your engagement and experience with such organizations. These references should not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
- Donating gently used books
- Donating new school or art supplies
- Local Volunteer Opportunities
This is in no way an inclusive list of all the wonderful organizations in our area!
The Origins of Bake It Forward
Bake It Forward was created after Amy and Emma won a $5000 grant for Bake Me Home from the Sodexo Foundation. They were so moved by the experience that they wanted to share it with other kids. This was the beginning of our Bake It Forward Service Grants. Kids entering grades 1-9 can apply for grants of $100 each for a charity of their choice serving children in Ohio. Each applicant must perform a summer service project for a charity that benefits children. Amy and Emma then choose three winners and present these awards at a ceremony at The Duke Energy Children’s Museum. Our winners also each receive a jar of Bake Me Home Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. This program is designed to encourage kids to be creative and get involved with other organizations in the community, furthering our mission of “promoting volunteerism.”